A balanced scorecard (BSC) is a mechanism for the company strategy realization. The goals and indexes for the system are formed by four components: financial, customer, internal business processes, staff training and development.
The purpose of BSC use in the system of safe resource-saving equipment operation management is to establish and to visualize the interrelation between the results of operating activity of technological and service personnel and financial result of refinery work on the one hand, and to determine strategic correspondence of internal process organization and intangible assets with the purpose and objectives of the management system on the other.
Development and implementation of BSC enables:
- make the strategy known to all company employees;
- agree the goals and objectives of the departments and each employee with the company strategy;
- agree strategic objectives with long-term and short-term objectives and keep their balance;
- identify and systematize strategic initiatives by their agreement with a present budget;
- systematically estimate the degree of strategic result achievement and create a feedback to get the information of necessity of updating of the strategy and initiatives.
Kostyukov A.V. A balanced scorecard of efficiency of safe resource-saving equipment operation management // Nauka, obrazovanie, biznes (Science, education, business). - 2007. - pp. 40-43
Download the publication
You can order the translation by e-mail: email@example.com