The wheel-motor unit is the most important section of an electric train, which fault-free operation affects the safety of railway transport.
The aim of this work is to increase the reliability of wheel-motor unit diagnostics.
To ensure the most reliable diagnostics the test hardware should:
- Make a clear health diagnostics of the tested assemblies;
- Eliminate an opportunity for the diagnostic operator to make decision on the wheel-motor unit health on his own;
- Provide automatic acceleration of the drive motor maintaining the predetermined speed;
- Provide automatic consistently-set adjustable rotation of the wheel pair in forward and reverse directions;
- Simultaneously measure vibration in all tested assemblies;
- Detect vibration signals from the selected tested assemblies.
The COMPACS®-EXPRESS vibroacoustic monitoring system meet most of the requirements. The system is designed to monitor health of wheel-motor units of railway rolling stock. The system measures the vibration parameters, generates expert reports and displays them on the monitor, as well as provides automatic acceleration of the drive motor maintaining the predetermined speed of the wheel pair. Test results are generated in the form of reports on technical condition for each wheel-motor unit and the railcar as a whole.
Zaytsev A.V. Improvement in Techniques of EMU-Train Wheel-Motor Unit Diagnostics // Engineering Support of Railway Rolling Stock Maintenance and Dynamics Improvement: proceedings of the 2nd All-Russian Scientific and Technical Conference with International Participation. - Omsk: Omsk State Transport University, 2013. - p.60-67
Download the publication
You can order the translation by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org