The presented analysis of the ways to increase production efficiency enables the following conclusions.
1. The aim of implementation of the control system for safe resource-saving operation of equipment at the refinery is the increase of the business competitiveness by the growth of production efficiency and profitability by means of the following:
- real-time management of the business process on the basis of objective knowledge of production factor condition;
- real-time management of all production factors in the framework of the business process;
- real-time condition monitoring of production factors, monitoring of their trends and interactions;
- transparency of the structure of contribution of every link of value creation chain to a general result during the production process.
2. The most objective and extensive information base of the signals for selection of diagnostic features of production factor condition in refining is the equipment; configuration of such equipment at every process unit is determined by the matrix of equipment classification according to a risk level.
3. In order to create the information base for monitoring system the equipment is classified according to criterion of the maximum damage in case of unscheduled shutdown or decrease in refinery capacity of certain technological position.
4. Invariance of selected diagnostic features of production factor condition under the structure of the control system and form of interaction between its elements enables significant qualitative and quantitative results, but the greatest effect is achieved by a synergy of all elements of the system.
5. The control system based on real-time monitoring of production factor condition and trends of their interaction enables production safety, expansion of process units run-to-failure period, reduction of operation costs and elimination of situational losses. Hence the productivity and business profitability will grow.
Kostyukov A.V. Control of safe resource-saving operation of the refinery equipment (increase of production efficiency) // Oil, gas and business. - 2007. - №11. - p. 58-63
Download the publication
You can order the translation by e-mail: email@example.com