During testing of the stationary system for vibration analysis COMPACS® at the unit CDU / VDU-6 there were detected the following:
1) 6 pumps and 8 motors had problems with bearing lubrication. The problem was quickly solved by lubricant adding or replacement. This allowed bringing the equipment into "green" zone, i.e. safe operation.
2) The pump N-17 / 2 had the defective rolling bearing. The defect was undetected (visually). The pump was put out of operation and during scheduled shutdown the bearing was replaced.
3) The system showed bad basing and unit misalignment on 3 pumps. As a result of appropriate measures to eliminate these defects, all units were carried to the normal technical condition.
4) The staff of the unit had studied very quickly how to work with the system, as well as mechanics, electricians and engineers.
Summing up the first results of operation of the stationary system for vibration analysis COMPACS® of DYNAMICS SPC at the unit CDU / VDU-6 of "Syzran Refinery" JSC in Omsk in September, 2001 it should be noted that:
1) The system is simple-to-operate.
2) The staff can prevent unscheduled equipment shutdown with the help of this system.
3) There exists the possibility of timely unit maintenance with minor material and labor expenses in the shortest possible time.
4) The system provides safe equipment operation.
5) We consider that force and funds, spent on unscheduled repairs, are cut down.
6) Further implementation of pump-and-compressor equipment with stationary system for vibration analysis COMPACS® in our plant, will make it possible to change the system of schedule-based preventive maintenance and repairs of pump-and-compressor equipment to the system of condition-monitored maintenance.
Authors: Deputy Chief Mechanic Nadrshin K.A. / 2001
Download the response