The Sankt-Petersburg-Baltiysky depot for more than five years successfully operates a comprehensive system for diagnostics of EMU-trains sections COMPACS®-EXPRESS-TR3. During the operation, the system repeatedly demonstrated its strong points. For example, among other advantages of the system for diagnostics of the wheel-motor blocks, which distinguish it from other diagnostic complexes used in depot, one can emphasize the ensuring of automatic wheel pair acceleration to the specified speed and maintain it at a constant level throughout the process of diagnostics, and measuring of vibration parameters in six places simultaneously.
The general advantages of the system are: fully automatic diagnostics with reference to specific problems and forming of the conclusion about the possibility of further operation of the assembly, subsystem and electrical section in general. The test results are archived and cannot be changed, but are available for analysis at any time. A high level of diagnostic procedures automation almost completely eliminates the influence of “human factor” on the diagnosis results.
Subsystem of wheel-motor blocks diagnosing makes minimal demands to operating personnel qualification and provides a significant reduction in labour and energy costs for the equipment condition monitoring. Thus, the condition assessment of the axle assemblies, gearboxes and traction motors of one motor car, including preparatory and finishing-up measures does not exceed one hour.
During the operation, the system helped to identify the number of latent defects of the wheel-motor blocks that was not rolled out, during pneumatic and electrical equipment repairs, which positively influenced the level of safety and continuity of the suburban operation.
Taking into account the positive results of the system operation, we consider that it is advisable to equip the TR-1 shop with diagnostics system of wheel-motor blocks COMPACS® to monitor the actual condition of the rolling stock in operation, carrying out the maintenance and the first-stage current repair.
Among the most significant comments and suggestions we can emphasize the following:
- It is necessary to consider the issue on the organization of data transmission from measuring devices of power circuits directly to the diagnostic station.
- There is no means to compare the data obtained from diagnostic systems at the commissioning repair positions, with the data on the system COMPACS®-EXPRESS- TR3, because the data are not unified.
- It is necessary to consider the possibility of establishing of DYNAMICS SPC representative office in St. Petersburg for the rapid correction of system faults.
- There is no means for condition monitoring of the trains, equipped with the COMPACS®-EXPRESS-3 on-board systems.
- The complexity of the operations to connect the diagnostic complex to the electric section in order to test the electrical circuits.
We suggest that an important step on the way to improve the production and technological discipline and quality of repair in general is the connection of the diagnostic systems into an integrated network to provide the unified data of the diagnostics results to the personnel in charge and depot management.
Authors: Chief engineer of the depot Gunenko N.D., Senior master Drozdov M.A. / 2013
Download the response